I am SO excited to share with you this new project that we've just completed! Multicultural Kid Blogs is an amazing community that supports parents around the world who are trying to raising global citizens. I've collaborated with them in the past on different printable packs, but this is by far, my most favorite! Bring on the Summer Olympic Games Unit!
I had the great pleasure of working with two other talented content creators - Julie from Open Wide the World and Annabelle from The Piri-Piri Lexicon. Together we've created this Summer Games Unit with 100 + pages of Olympic goodness for your kids. Inside this no-prep packet, you'll find:
• a history of the Ancient and Modern Olympics
• a brief description of all the sports played in the 2016 Summer Games
• world mapping activity
• a medal tracker so your family can keep score at home during the Olympic Games
• an introduction to this year's host city and country
• book suggestions for exploring these countries more in-depth
• additional worksheets that allow students to show what they've learned, such as flag matching, word search, matching, fill in the blank, multiple choice, and trivia.
An answer key is included, as is a list of sources referenced for each section. These fun activities are designed for children ages 8 - 12, or 3rd through 6th grade.
Visit Multicultural Kid Blogs or their TpT store to purchase this great packet. (Psst! It's on sale through Friday, 6/3!)
I can't wait to begin this study with my own kids!
To get YOU excited about it, too, I've created this free download. It's an example of the type of work you'll find in this packet.
I hope you enjoy.