With the new Cesar Chavez movie premiering this weekend, I thought now was a great time to share lesson plans, activities, crafts, books, and more for learning about this legendary activist.
- Of course, my favorite is this Reading Kit that I created for Latinas for Latino Lit.
- The California Dept of Education has a great page with lesson plans written for each grade from K - 12.
- For K-4, check out this printable from Scholastic.
- Enchanted Learning has lots of great printables and resources.
- Cesar Chavez Song for Third to Fifth Grade Students (Free!)
- Cesar Chavez Differentiated Reading FLUENCY Passages & MAZES (Free!)
- Cesar Chavez Interactive Notebook Activities (Historical People Pockets)
- FREE Cesar Chavez Vocabulary Flipbook
- Learning About Cesar Chavez Scoot/ Task Cards
- Cesar Chavez Biography: Literacy Lesson (Student Materials and Lesson Plan) (Free!)
- American Heroes Series-Book Two- Cesar Chavez
Surprisingly, there's not too many coloring pages of Cesar Chavez available. Here's a couple that I found:
- This is my absolute favorite coloring page on PearMama.
- The Cesar Chavez movie offers this coloring page - and they encourage you to share the finished page online!
Books (the following are affiliate links)
- Side by Side/Lado a Lado: The Story of Dolores Huerta and Cesar Chavez/La Historia de Dolores Huerta y Cesar Chavez by Monica Brown
- Harvesting Hope: The Story of Cesar Chavez by Kathleen Krull
- César: ¡Sí Se Puede! Yes We Can! by Carmen T. Bernier-Grand
- A Picture Book of Cesar Chavez by David A. Adler
- Cesar Chavez by Jerry Tello