As you may know, April is Autism Awareness Month and in an effort to promote awareness, acceptance, and understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder, PBS KIDS will be airing special shows featuring autistic characters throughout the month. PBS also has great online resources for parents and teachers to learn more. Here are some of the resources you'll find:
- PBS Parents has a whole section dedicated to autism with articles on everything from how to identify autism in children to their educational needs.
- PBS Learning Media has great articles for educators.
NEW EPISODES, SPECIALS & PROGRAMMING EVENTSPBS KIDS airs episodes featuring characters with Autism during National Autism Awareness Month. Includes a premiere episode of SESAME STREET featuring a new muppet character, Julia, who has autism.
- 4/10 Sesame Street “Meet Julia” **NEW**
- 4/10 Dinosaur Train “Junior Conductors Academy”
- 4/10 Arthur “When Carl Met George/D.W. Swims with the Fishes”
- 4/11 Arthur “Pets and Pests/Go Fly a Kite”
- 4/12 Arthur “Carl's Concerto/Too Much of a Good Thing”
- 4/13 Arthur “He Said, He Said/Bunny Trouble”