There are certainly hundreds of resources available. From online games and apps to books and videos, I've done my best to share a list below of some of the best I've found. If you have a particular resource that you have found to be really helpful with your ESL students, please share!
This post may use affiliate links.
Language Apps & Online Programs
- MindSnacks.com (Kids' Vocab)
- English First High Flyers
- Listen Up! Read Up!
- Futaba Classroom Games for Kids
- Kids Sound Lab Pro
- Verbs for Kids
Recommended Textbooks, Lesson Plans, & Workbooks
Recommended Children's Books
Additional Resources & Helpful Articles
- TeachersPayTeachers has many ESL materials available for download.
- Tools to Help You Support Your Heritage Language in the Classroom with Karen Nemeth
- Educational Equity for English Language Learners
- Top Children’s Story Books in English
- English Cartoons for Kids that are Educational and Fun
- And don't forget that most of my MommyMaestra printables are created with English & Spanish versions to suit your needs!
If you'd like to discover resources to 15 other languages (including Spanish), be sure to check out Bilingual Kidspot's Language Resources for Kids from Around the World!