If you are raising global citizens, you probably are already familiar with this series, which has books with settings all across the world. So participating in the challenge is easy. According to the website:
- Magic Tree House adventures take place all over the world. Together, set a goal for how many titles you would like to read about each continent. The books can be read alone, in pairs or groups, with older reading buddies, or read aloud by you. As you help students select books, keep in mind that there are now three distinct lines in the series that are explained on the back of this page.
- Download the starter materials. Hang up the poster to record your students’ progress and place the accompanying seals on each continent on the map as reading goals are met. Hand out the enclosed Progress Tracker Cards to each student, which you can use to track their individual progress.
- Once you’ve reached your goal, take a photograph of the poster and upload it here along with an official submission.
- You will receive a confirmation that you and your students are official Magic Tree House World Travelers and a certificate of achievement will be e-mailed to you.
Three random classrooms will be selected to receive:
- A Skype classroom visit with Magic Tree House author Mary Pope Osborne
- A class pizza party to celebrate their achievement
- A full set of Magic Tree House books
To sign up and download the materials, visit the Magic Tree House Teacher's Club website.
Browse through the Magic Tree House titles in English (like these)...
.,.and in Spanish (like these)!