This post contains affiliate links.
Is your child studying a famous artist this summer? Are you looking for fun activities to help make their research come alive? I was doing some research on Joan Miró and found some wonderfully awesome materials. I hope you enjoy them!
- For students in K-5, here's a nice lesson plan from WDSE (PBS).
- Mrs. Morlino also shares this one for K-4 students
- Drawn2Imagine Online Arts has this lesson plan for 2nd through 6th grades.
- Actually, TeachersPayTeachers has lots of fun lessons based on Miró.
- Here's one from Blick: Chenille Stem Stitchery inspired by the surrealist artist.
- Art Projects for Kids has two fun activities related to Miró for younger kids
- They also have this bigger more complex mural activity for older students available for download
- I really love this Roll-a-Miro Game you can download and print from Susan Artin
- The Elementary Art Room shows you how to make Miro creatures
- Spaghetti Box Kids has this nice art project for kids.
- I absolutely love this Joan Miro Pinch Bowl craft from The Crafty Crow.
- This three dimensional Miro activity by Arte a scuola is so clever!! And so are these styrofoam prints.
- These Miró sculptures over on Red Ted Art are also pretty awesome.
- I would never have thought to use needlearts to explore Miro, but here's a neat pin on Pinterest to inspire you.
- I really like this watercolor and rubber cement resist artwork from Make It...a Wonderful Life.
- Miró (Famous Artists) by Anthony Mason, Andrew Hughes, Jen Green
- Joan Miró Coloring Book by Annette Roeder
- Draw with Joan Miró by Ana Salvador
- Sticker Art Shapes: Joan Miró by Sylvie Delpech
- Joan Miró, artista silencioso/ Joan Miró, Silent Artist by AA.VV.
- Pequena historia de Joan Miró/ Short Story of Joan Miró by Fina Duran
The Garden, Juan Miró, Animated Video:
Joan Miró. Un resumen de su vida... Para niños:
Joan Miró: Short Biography