So one of the activities we decided to do was make bean counters to help her as she began learning about number placement. Here's a quick and simple activity that most children can do on their own with minimal parental involvement...
Beans (we used lima beans!)
Wood sticks/tongue depressors
1) Primero, gather your supplies...
2) Then you lay down a bead of glue on a stick.
3) Count out ten (10) beans.
4) Carefully attach the beans to the stick, and allow to dry.
6) For learning time, count out nine (9) loose beans so that your child can learn to count the higher numbers.
Con mucho cariño...