I'm a little emocionada writing this post.
My dear friend Betty pointed out to me earlier today that my next post (this one) would be my 1,000th post on MommyMaestra. After further rumination, it occurred to me that I've been so preoccupied the last couple of months dealing with personal issues and the launch of the 2nd Latino Children's Summer Reading Program that I also missed MommyMaestra's 4th anniversary.
On June 1st, 2010, I started this little blog because I had begun the journey of homeschooling my own daughter, and although I felt like I didn't know what I was doing, I knew that there had to be other Latina homeschoolers out there. And if there weren't, then maybe it was because they just needed a little encouragement, a place to find resources.
And so the years have flown by. MommyMaestra has grown and as a result I've had so many wonderful opportunities to encourage other families to get involved in their children's education.
I think about all the emails I've received from nervous parents who are thinking about or starting to homeschool their own children. And the messages of gratitude from parents who have been homeschooling, and are so happy to find another Latino family also doing so. And notes from bilingual ed teachers excited about a particular resource they read about on MommyMaestra. And emails from parents with children in dual immersion schools who are looking for specific resources in Spanish for their children.
I'm especially grateful to all of you who have supported my blog by sharing your own stories and resources on MommyMaestra to encourage other parents.
So to celebrate all this, I thought now was a great time to do a giveaway.
And I'm going to do one for three winners. Here are the prizes:
Winner #1 will receive the Typing Instructor:
- Kids learn to type on an exciting adventure on Typer Island
- Teaches keyboard basics following an age-appropriate Typing Plan
- Step-by-step lessons, challenges, tests, and games motivate kids to keep typing
- Program offers rewards every step of the way; learn in English or Spanish
- Arcade-style play and multiple levels; 30+ game challenges
- Real-life journaling activities provide hands-on science experiences
- Includes 40+ piece dual microscope and twenty-two-page journal
- Scientific experiences designed for kids ages 8 to 11
- Batteries 3 AAA batteries required. (not included)
Winner #3 will receive Uncle Milton Moon In My Room:
- Authentically detailed 3-D lunar landscape.
- Automatic or manual function shows 12 main phases of the moon.
- MP3 download code included provides a guided tour of the moon.
- Auto shut off
- Hangs on wall
They are all FUN and EDUCATIONAL!
To enter, just use the Rafflecopter below.