Erick Recinos’ Top Tips for Getting Kids and Parents Ready for the Classroom
Erick Recinos is a certified nutritionist and health expert.
Back to School for Kids
1. Omega Fatty Acids for Brain Power
• Fact: During the summer, many kids can lose as much as 2.6 months’ worth of learning.
• Solution: The consumption of Omega fatty acids, particularly Omega-3, can improve learning and memory. Genesis Today’s Omega Orange juice delivers key plant-derived omega fatty acids to support brain health, plus 200% daily value of vitamin C, with less sugar than leading orange juice brands.
2. Immunity Boosting Gummy Vitamins
• Fact: Going back into the classroom exposes kids to thousands of new germs from sharing supplies, toys and desks – and we all know that having a sick kid isn’t fun!
• Solution: Build up your children’s immune systems by giving them vitamins specifically designed to boost immunity. Genesis Today’s Superfruit Immunity gummy vitamins are found at Walgreens and contain a unique blend of superfruits acerola and pomegranate, along with vitamin C, zinc and Echinacea to pack a powerful immunity punch.
3. B-vitamins for Natural Energy
• Fact: Back to school means new teachers, more homework and new daily stresses for kids, which can lead to lack of energy.
• Solution: The consumption of B-vitamins, particularly vitamin B12, will give them the natural energy they need to face the challenges of a new school year. Genesis Today’s Acai Berry Juice, found at Wal-Mart and major grocery stores, provides 1,000% daily value of vitamin B12, 200% daily value of vitamin C, plus Omegas 3, 6 and 9 – all with no high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors, colors or added sugar.
Back to School for Mom
1. Naturally-Derived Caffeine
• Fact: Back to school means back to carpooling, homework, school performances, projects, soccer games, dance classes and on and on. Many adults reach for caffeinated beverages that can contain harmful additives or artificial sweeteners.
• Solution: Jumpstart your day with a natural low calorie citrus juice that not only gives you energy, but also provides 500% daily value of vitamin B12, 100% daily value of vitamin C, plus other natural ingredients such as guarana and theanine that provide energy, mental focus and alertness.
2. The Legendary Beauty Berry
• Fact: Those hurried mornings trying to get the gang out the door can mean skipping or shortening your beauty regimen, impacting your hair, skin and nails and ultimately, lessening that youthful glow we all desire.
• Solution: The acai (pronounced ah-sigh-ee) berry, also known as the “beauty berry,” is hidden deep in the Amazon rainforest and is crammed with B-vitamins that not only provide natural energy, but also support healthy skin, hair and nails. Genesis Today’s Acai Vitamin Super Chews are a quick grab-and-go snack with 2,000 mgs of the beauty boosting berry.
3. Mood Boosting Fruits
• Fact: The stresses of getting kids out the door for a new school year can make even the most organized and patient people agitated from time to time.
• Solution: Goji berries, grown deep in the Himalayias, have long been known as the “happy berry” due to its mood-boosting abilities. The goji berry can be difficult to find in your everyday grocery store, but Genesis Today’s Cranberry Goji juice is available at Wal-Mart and other major retailers and features 10,000 mgs of goji berry.
Genesis Today has generously offered a sample package of some of their products to one MommyMaestra reader. I received the same package a few weeks ago and agreed to offer one to you because the kids and I loved it.
To enter, simply leave a comment below.
The deadline to enter is 11:59 EST, Sunday, August 21st, 2011. The winner will be chosen using Random.org. and contacted via email - so be sure to leave a valid email address (or some other way to contact you) in your comment! Open to United States residents only.
And to increase your chances of winning, you can:
1.) Blog about this giveaway and include the link to your post.
2.) Tweet the following: #Sorteo Win back-to-school nutritional goodies from @GenesisToday and @LatinMami http://bit.ly/oFVfmf
3.) Follow Genesis Today Latino on Facebook
4.) Follow @GenesisToday on Twitter
Disclosure: Upon my request, Genesis Today agreed to have one of their nutritionists write a few articles for MommyMaestra on the topic of nutrition for students. I did receive a sample pack of products, which we liked, so I asked them to offer the same pack as a giveaway.