Are you teaching your kids Spanish at home? Are you looking for a support group to help you through the school year? My friend, Kali, from For the Love of Spanish is getting ready to launch a new term of Jump Into Spanish!
This is a paid membership group (one-time fee $99). Designed for children ages 3 to 9, the program consists of six 12-week terms in all, so it's like a 2-year program, and the lesson plans are all sent directly to members' inboxes each week. There's also a FB group connected to it for further community/support.
If you are a homeschooler, you'll probably understand when I say that this program follows a Charlotte Mason approach. Each month there is a suggested poem, folk song, and weekly vocab themes. Each lesson should take approximately 15 to 20 minutes a day.
Here's Kali's schedule:
- MONDAY: Vocab + Learning a classic folk tale in Spanish (This coming term, they’re working through La gallinita roja [The Little Red Hen].)
- TUESDAY: Vocab + Spanish poetry (The kids actually memorize a few Spanish poems each term!)
- WEDNESDAY: Vocab + Game (Just any little game you choose to make the learning fun…I make suggestions in the weekly emails.)
- THURSDAY: Vocab + Booklet (I make a little booklet you print out each week…kids add the illustrations or sometimes just color in the illustrations.)
- FRIDAY: Vocab + Folk Song (They work on memorizing a few Spanish folk songs each term.)
The new term starts on September 2nd, but she lets people join at any time.
Go visit her site to learn more. (Psst! Scroll down to the bottom of the page and read the "What Will We Learn?" section!)