|© kikkerdirk - Can Stock Photo|
Tomorrow is Save the Frogs Day!
In order to truly appreciate this day, you need to know why to celebrate. Save The Frogs is a public charity that has a mission to protect amphibian populations and to promote a society that respects and appreciates nature and wildlife. Save The Frogs Day! encourages ordinary citizens to learn about amphibians so that they can inspire, educate, and empower others to protect and care for amphibians.
Frogs are important bio-indicators of our earth. This means that they can tell us if our environment is healthy. I’ve always loved frogs and toads of all kinds and that’s why I want to share what you can do to make our world a better place for all.
Check out these sites and help save our frogs.
There are many fun frog activities that you can do with children. Check out this list of websites with information on how to help amphibians and how to identify them.
- www.kidzone.ws - a great source for frog facts
- aza.org has a section on Frog Watch USA
- nwf.org - search using the keywords "amphibians and reptiles"
- herpsofnc.org - lists all North Carolina species
- gonefroggin.com - another great site listing the frogs and toads of NC
A froggy craft to try at home.
Here's a fun way to make your own frog skim slime!