With Día de los Reyes Magos, or Day of the Magi, quickly approaching, here are some great resources for families and schools.
• Two of my favorite authors, Alma Flor Ada and F. Isabel Campoy, have a delightful book out on this holiday (more books are listed below) and they also have lesson plans available online for K-2nd and 3rd through 6th. You can download their lesson plans in either English or Spanish.
• The Tucson Children's Museum has an excellent set of lesson plans that you can download for K- 6th, which includes activities and reading resources.
by Carmen Rivera Lassen, Victor Maldonado Davila
• Una muneca para el dia de reyes by Esmeralda Santiago
• Amahal y Los Tres Reyes: Amahl and the Three Kings (Troquelados Clasicos Series) (Spanish Edition) from Combel Ediciones Editorial Esin, S.A.
• Los Reyes Magos (Spanish Edition) by Lourdes M. Alvarez
• Los reyes magos de Oriente by Lluis Farre
Wise Men Coloring Pages, Arts & Crafts
• Crayola has a craft in which children can create free standing Reyes Magos. (See picture at right.)
• Buena Navidad has some adorable patterns you can download, print, cut out, and assemble to create your own Reyes 3-D paper dolls.
• ModernMami has a simple, felt camel craft activity - and it includes easy instructions for making a star of Bethlehem!
Videos, Music & Apps
• Los Reyes Magos App for iPad and iPhone.
• Dora Celebrates Three Kings Day! on DVD.
• Latin Cinema Classics produced this 1974 DVD, Los 3 Reyes Magos. (I have not previewed this movie.)
• Another DVD recently released is this one. However, I have not seen it, so read the reviews and choose for yourself.
• Here are three of MommyMaestra's favorite MP3 downloads available for Reyes.
• Also, take a look at these beautiful videos.
• Foreign Language Fun shares songs in Spanish for Día de los Reyes
• MisCositas has posted this adorable video of Niko singing "Campana sobre campana"
• El Boricua has a good description of the day and its history in Puerto Rico.
• Nibbles & Feasts has this incredible Rosca de Reyes recipe.
• I LOVE this post and recipe by From Argentina With Love.
• The Muy Bueno Cookbook has shared a list of rosca recipes that they love (and you will, too!).
Con mucho cariño...